SBA Loan Development Officer
Responsible for the development of Small Business Administration loan opportunities. Responsible for establishing and maintaining a direct calling effort on outside loan referral sources as well as a direct calling effort on potential customers. Position duties will involve the intermediation and coordination of the lending process among the borrowers, risk management, SBA loan packager and closing attorneys.
- Develop lending and deposit opportunities through calling effort.
- Pre-qualify loan eligibility through the various government guaranty programs available and best suitable for the credit request.
- Maintain working knowledge of SBA SOP and its various loan guaranty programs.
- Obtain the required financial information from the borrower to determine program eligibility and make a preliminary judgment of credit quality suitable to ACB standards.
- Prepare the internal “View Memo” describing the opportunity and credit request.
- Assist the Risk Manager and Underwriter in the process to obtain a credit decision, including responsibility for obtaining required information and documentation from borrower.
- Post-approval, assist the SBA Loan Packager in the completion of the SBA Loan Application and subsequent guaranty approval.
- Coordinate with the Loan Packager, Risk Manager, SBA Manager and closing attorneys to ensure accuracy and completeness of loan documentation.
- Adhere to loan policies of Atlantic Capital Bank.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Education: Bachelor Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Work Experience: Must have 5 years SBA lending experience.
- Skills and Knowledge:
o Strong oral and written communication skills
o Sound credit judgment
o Proficiency with PC software including Microsoft Excel
o Excellent organizational skills
o Proven track record in customer development and retention and working with all levels of senior management.
To apply for this position, [click here].