SBA Loan Specialist
Type: Regular, Full-Time, Exempt
Primarily responsible for completing U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) loan guaranty document packages. The employee must be detail oriented and well organized due to the paperwork requirements of SBA guaranteed loans. Position requires the ability to interface with borrowers, lenders and risk managers and coordinate process toward loan closing. Must provide quality service to both internal and external customers.
- Prepare SBA guaranty applications and documentation.
- Determine eligibility of loans approved subject to an SBA guaranty.
- Ensure compliance with SBA requirements.
- Complete documentation and obtain SBA loan guaranty
- Coordinate the closing of the loans to assure that documentation and procedures are in compliance with bank, legal and SBA requirements.
- Review new loan documentation/collateral on loans processed to assure compliance with SBA documentation requirements.
- Review accuracy of UCC filings, deeds/mortgages, hazard insurance, life insurance and current financial information on loans.
- Set-up local collateral files.
- Control loan disbursements and prepare 1050 reports on all disbursements.
- Maintain related files with disbursement history, invoices and evidence of equity injection as required by the SBA Loan Authorization.
- Resolve loan servicing issues as required by SBA Manager, underwriter and BDO.
- Four years of college with coursework in finance/accounting, or complementary work experience
- 2-5 years of banking experience preferred in either loan operations or risk management
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with PC software including Microsoft Word, Excel & other specialized industry software.
- Excellent organizational skills
To apply for this position, please [Click here].