Reports to: Controller
Provides general and/or specialized accounting services to the Bank, which may include general ledger account analysis/reconciliation, internal and external financial statement preparation, tax return preparation and reporting, and other internal management reporting.
- Prepare various reports for the Federal Reserve, FDIC, and other regulatory agencies.
- Prepare Quarterly Call Report.
- Oversee the design and implementation of internal controls over financial reporting and disclosures.
- Perform monthly entries, accruals, reconciliations, in addition to analyzing yields, income and expense trends.
- Perform additional analytical review on a quarterly basis for yield, income, and expense trends, and other ad-hoc analysis as requested by Controller and/or executive management.
- Prepare consolidations for all companies.
- Prepare monthly financial statements for executive management and Board of Directors.
- Serve as a contact for external and internal audits.
- Assist in the preparation of shareholders’ annual report and proxy materials.
- Research technical accounting pronouncements and other regulations.
- Assist with the implementation of new standards.
- Suggest enhancements to processes and systems and develops work efficiencies for areas of responsibility.
- Review invoices and expense reports for accuracy, validity and proper authorization.
- Respond to management and employee questions/issues and resolves them accordingly.
- Assist Controller with the preparation and maintenance of all accounting policies.
- Comply with Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC and USA PATRIOT Act including Customer Identification Program for new customers, accurate completion of new account activity profile as needed, assist in identifying high risk accounts, and reporting suspicious activities to supervisor.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
Experience: Equivalent of four years experience. Public Accounting experience preferred. Bank experience a plus.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles (GAAP), as well as good analytical and mathematical skills.
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills to make appropriate decisions when solving critical problems and accomplishing objectives.
- Ability to determine and set priorities.
- Proficiency in the use of PC software tools for analysis, audits and reports.
- Effective communication, verbal and written, and presentation skills.
To apply for this position, please [click here].